This course is only available as a recording.
The aim of this course is to introduce you to the basic principles of conveyancing. It will give you insight into and understanding of six essential topics which we cover. This is the essential knowledge every attorney should have regarding this vast discipline. The topics are:
- Transfer procedure
- Deed of transfer
- Power of attorney
- Mortgage bonds
- Dealings with mortgage bonds
- Sectional titles
At the end of this course, you will be able:
- to understand the transfer procedure and what possibilities there are regarding mortgage bonds;
- to confidently understand and interpret a deed of transfer (full title and sectional title), a power of attorney, and a mortgage bond; and
- to make an informed decision about whether you’d be suited for a career as a conveyancer.
Note: The course is particularly suitable for those who are still considering whether they would like to write the LPC’s conveyancing exam or not. It is therefore a precursor to our extensive Course in conveyancing (an exam prep course for those intending to write the conveyancing exam).
View complete course content here.
- Attorneys and candidate attorneys working in a commercial, property, or conveyancing department in a law firm, or legal advisors working with property-related matters, who require a basic level of understanding of conveyancing.
- Those mentioned above who want to know more about conveyancing, but who do not necessarily want to write the LPC’s conveyancing exam.
- Those mentioned above who are undecided about a career in conveyancing and require more information before they decide to write the conveyancing exam.
- This course is only available as a recording.
- When opting for recordings, follow the instructions in your registration confirmation email to request access to view recordings online. Recordings can be viewed at any time once you've received login details. Recordings are only available for a limited time, please refer to your registration confirmation letter for more information. Recordings will be available 3 working days after lectures have taken place.
- The presentation is accompanied by a comprehensive reference manual sent electronically in PDF format.
- Walk away with renewed confidence and understanding of conveyancing basics.
- This course may serve as a ‘taster’ to see whether you are suited to a career in conveyancing before attempting the LPC’s conveyancing exam.
- Receive comprehensive and user-friendly notes that you can use as your go-to manual at work.
- Receive an attendance certificate.