Welcome to the
Gawie le Roux Institute of Law
We offer practical vocational training, attorneys' examination training, attorneys' practical training, and paralegal training to the legal profession of South Africa.
Attorneys' Examination Training
We offer three courses and two workshops to help attorneys and candidate attorneys to prepare for the Legal Practice Council's examinations. Our courses are available in three different study options, namely online lectures, recordings and self-study.
Attorneys' practical training
We offer practical training on specialised topics to attorneys and candidate attorneys, as well as to legal advisers working in the formal legal environment.
- The lawyer of the future: how to remain relevant
- FLISP - a housing subsidy for first-time homebuyers
- Sectional titles – a webinar trilogy
- Property Practitioners Act
- Wills and estates - a webinar series
- Uniqueness of South African trusts - a webinar series
- Practical tax advice for attorneys
- E-commerce and the law
- POPIA for legal practitioners
- Administration of deceased estates – two workshops
- Sectional titles - a webinar series
- Communication skills
- The new rules of cross-examination
- The fundamental principles of effective trial advocacy - for attorneys
- To apostille or not to apostille?
- Introduction to conveyancing
- Commissioner of oaths
- Trust deed – Can it be trusted?
- Wills - two workshops
- Previous courses & webinars
We offer various practical training courses to secretarial staff (paralegals):
Join Telegram group
Admission Application Template Pack
Fill out this form to download your FREE copy of our template pack for the application to be admitted as legal practitioner.
The template pack includes:
- A checklist for the application for admission in terms of the Legal Practice Act
- A list of requisite annexures
- A template for the notice of motion
- A template for the founding affidavit
- A template for the supporting affidavit